Operations Governance Specialist
WE OFFERExecutes and manages governance-related initiatives as identified for Specialty Client programs in order to validate our program agent’s adherence to applicable laws, regulations, underwriting guidelines, off system guidelines for delegated activities, and corporate policies. Under minimal supervision participates in executing various governance activities and demonstrates a solid foundation of insurance operations and auditing experience. Able to work cohesively with diverse work groups. Understands compliance requirements and assists with implementing process changes. Continues to acquire higher level skills.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Execute the account review process which includes coordinating the involvement of other internal American Modern business units
- Manage the documentation and communication of the account review process and results both internally and externally with the program agents
- Collaborate with our Business Unit Risk and Compliance team on other compliance related activities such as control testing, risk mitigation, governance reporting, etc.
- Coordinate and manage audit items and any corresponding corrective action for each program agent
- Participate in initiatives for any identified process improvements
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of state insurance rules, and other applicable rules and regulations and their impact on our program agents
- Ability to travel periodically
WE EXPECTRequired Technical Skills
- Extensive knowledge of insurance operations, regulatory requirements and auditing techniques
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong organization and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Cognos and IC Legacy System
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.