Sr. Business Analyst
WE OFFEREnterprise Information Management (EIM) is part of IT Business Solutions. EIM drives end-to-end delivery and maintenance of data solutions. Our Solutions include Analytics data platforms, MDM, Data Quality, Metadata management, Data governance tools and upcoming solutions for supporting Data Landscape growing needs. Our Data practices are comprised of Requirement Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Enterprise Reporting and Testing. We ensure integrity of data for business operations and decision making. We build & provide support for the services we offer. EIM partners with our BIA team in business to drive Data strategy, govern data assets and create business value from our data assets. EIM collaborates with other IT teams like Enterprise Architecture, global platform teams and others, to build technology roadmaps, reference architecture and data capabilities. EIM charter is to build solutions that deliver business value. At the same time, we ensure these solutions are forward thinking, scalable, sustainable and drive standardization to achieve economies of scale.
AMIG data teams have embarked on a modernization journey. EIM is laying out transformation plans for our teams and data landscape. We are looking for strong leaders to lead the teams on this journey through their business and technical acumen.
The position provides support to AMIG EIM’s Data Analyst teams. In this position, you will perform the role of an analyst, gathering business requirements, functional requirements, and data mapping across a variety of projects and/or production support. You will also be accountable for ensuring all required requirements artifacts are completed.
- Work with other analysts, technical leads, system testing and/or IT managers to produce project estimates for IT efforts
- Conduct requirement gathering and gap analysis activities for IT projects and relevant maintenance and support initiatives
- Create business requirements, functional requirements, and data mapping documents as required for projects and / or production support.
- Walk through requirements with developers and testers, ensuring requirement traceability is in place.
- Track, manage, and report issues and scope changes on small maintenance efforts
- Identify continuous process improvement opportunities and operationalize solutions for same
- Create and maintain relevant documentation for software changes to ensure long-term maintainability
- Follow established guidelines and processes for project methodologies - MRessentials
- Minimum 5 years analysis experience in Datawarehouse projects
- Financial or Insurance background needed; property and casualty preferred.
- Understanding financial reporting, like general ledger, required.
- Strong in writing SQL queries and SQL Analytical Functions.
- Prior experience with DataHub, InfoCenter is preferred
- Hands on experiencing in requirements for Business Intelligence Reports
- Excellent working knowledge in business requirements, functional requirements, and data mapping.
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Project Tracking and Reporting
- Data Warehouse
- Experience in using tasks management tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) or similar tools
- Strong communication skills
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.