Summer Intern - Accounting SOX Testing and Monitoring
WE OFFEREmpower yourself. Start building your career with a national industry leader.
Do you think that interns just run errands and make copies? Not here, American Modern interns are given real, meaningful work.
The Accounting department provides an atmosphere that encourages teamwork and develops individual skills. We respond promptly and accurately to the needs of our customers. The goal of the Accounting department is to report accurate and timely financial information and to continuously review and improve our work processes through planning, training and communication. One of the main functions of Accounting is to report vital financial information serving internal and external customers. All departments rely on us to provide timely and accurate financial reporting. Our external customers include policyholders, who rely upon our prompt payment processing, and agents, who rely upon our courteous customer service.
As a valued intern with our Accounting Compliance team, you will:
- Work with management in order to gain understanding of the audited processes.
- Execute ‘MARSOX’ (Annual Financial Reporting Model Audit Rule) control testing (IT and financial reporting) in accordance with established auditing standards
- Complete documentation including testing templates, working papers, and accumulation of evidential matter in accordance with established audit standards.
- Review ‘MARSOX’ (Annual Financial Reporting Model Audit Rule) control testing (IT and financial reporting) in accordance with established auditing standards
- Assist in the document connecting of the MARSOX processes within the organization
- Execute testing needed to support the external auditor
- Assist in follow up/updating of control deficiencies and documenting progress made during the year
- Main project: Help convert the testing and monitoring tracking from a manual spreadsheet to a cloud based tool
Summer interns have the opportunity to explore future careers with American Modern.
WE EXPECTAt American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.