WE OFFEREnterprise Information Management (EIM) is part of IT Business Solutions. EIM drives end-to-end delivery and maintenance of data solutions. Our Solutions include Analytics data platforms, MDM, Data Quality, Metadata management, Data governance tools and upcoming solutions to support the growing needs of our Data Landscape. Our Data practices are comprised of Requirement Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Enterprise Reporting and Testing. We ensure integrity of data for business operations and decision making. We build & provide support for the services we offer. EIM partners with our Business Information & Analytics (BIA) team to drive Data strategy, govern data assets and create business value from our data assets. EIM collaborates with other IT teams like Enterprise Architecture, global platform teams and others, to build technology roadmaps, reference architecture and data capabilities. Our EIM charter is to build solutions that deliver business value. At the same time, we ensure these solutions are forward thinking, scalable, sustainable and drive standardization to achieve economies of scale.
AMIG data teams have embarked on a modernization journey. EIM is laying out transformation plans for our teams and data landscape. We have ambitions to be a data driven culture. We are passionate about finding ways to improve the way we handle data and analyze it to ensure it supports our business. AMIG is rethinking the way it uses and processes data, and you could be a part of this change.
This position will be a hands-on data modeling role. You will create and maintain data models and data through effective data management practices. You will work closely with analysts to ensure requirements are translated correctly into a technical design for the development team. In this role, you will assist application developers at all levels with the interpretation of requirements, creation of detailed designs, conduct Data Model and SQL reviews and participate in all levels of testing from unit testing through performance testing.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain data warehouse and data mart logical & physical data models
- Determine impact to the Enterprise Data Model (EDM) and refines the EDM as needed as new applications or products are added
- Research data sources for new business data and better sources of data feeds
- Participate in business requirement definition and reviews business requests for data and data usage
- Participate in application design reviews to ensure data model adherence and data standards
- Ensure alignment with Data Governance practices
- Analyze content and quality of data model(s) and databases
- Work closely with the Data Base Architect (DBA) team to implement the physical data model
- Work closely with the Architect(s) to ensure the EDM is integrated with development efforts
- Ensure all data has complete and accurate definition
- Establishe and monitor data quality initiatives
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in EIM discipline of Data Architecture and Modeling
- Prior knowledge of P&C Insurance business, CPCU certification highly preferred but not mandatory
- Hands on experience with data design concepts in Data warehousing, MDM, data quality, business reporting and dashboards
- Prior Knowledge of Guidewire Policy, Billing, claim, Data Hub & Info Center is preferred but not mandatory
- Strong skill sets working with relational databases. SQL Server preferred.
- Experience with Data Modeling techniques and tools, such as SAP Power Designer or Erwin. Strong SQL Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Proficient with SQL dialects and Data Manipulation Language
- Proficient with technologies in analytics platforms, mastering, integrations and big data management.
- Good knowledge of tools, methodologies and procedures in an agile framework.
- Customer focus with demonstrated customer engagement skills (relationship / team builder)
- Analytical (proven problem solver) skills and attention to detail
- Written and verbal communications skills to all levels of management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related fields
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.