WE OFFERAmerican Modern is a widely recognized, national leader in the specialty insurance business. With more than 50-years’ experience in the manufactured housing insurance sector, the company delivers specialized products and services for residential property, the recreational market, and pet health insurance. The company is headquartered in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio.
We are looking for a credentialed or near-credentialed actuary to join our organization as a Claims Actuary working in tandem with the Reserving and Claims teams to enhance the business’ ability to achieve profitable growth. The Claims Actuary will be an integrated business partner of the Claims department and will provide an analytically focused view of claims, claim characteristics, and performance in the financial aspect of claims. The Claims Actuary’s responsibilities include
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyses of frequency and severity trends and drivers.
- Identify opportunity areas regarding claims performance.
- Monitor loss adjustment expenses and look for ways to optimize expense.
- Validate initial case reserving methodology and values.
- Monitor case reserve adequacy and trends.
- Collaborate on Catastrophe bulk reserve establishment
- Measure and forecast the benefits of claims initiatives.
- Facilitate interdepartmental discussions on claim observations and initiatives.
- Lead in the development of new or enhancements to claims reporting.
- Interact regularly with Claims, Product Management, Actuarial Pricing, Reserving, and Finance.
- Further opportunities exist to enhance and develop business acumen by working and interacting with associates from Underwriting, IT, and other Actuaries in the Munich Re organization.
• Near ACAS or member of another International Actuarial Organization
• Demonstrated commitment and continued pursuit of FCAS designation
• 5+ Years’ experience in an actuarial capacity in Property Casualty Insurance
• Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar background requiring quantitative analysis
• Strong analytical abilities including understanding of advanced mathematics and statistical concepts
• Demonstrated ability to think logically and perform analysis in a timely manner
• Demonstrated superior level of written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with areas of the company outside Actuarial
• Strong command of Excel and either Access or P/L SQL
• Some knowledge of programming in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• ACAS or FCAS
• Experience working with Predictive Modeling
• Some management experience
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.