WE OFFERIdentify and explore innovative and transformational disruptors and differentiators that are game changers and position the organization to win. Conduct Research and Development activities, driving idea generation campaigns, pursue specific related activities in order to monitor, track and identify future focused topics and ideas of potential benefit to American Modern. Drive the Personal Lines Connected Home strategy with focus on monetization.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the development of innovation/digital strategy for the organization.
- Contribute to the development of products having market potential which will product future revenue streams, client solutions or services.
- Own and drive the Personal Lines Connected Home strategy for American Modern with focus on monetization. Work with different stakeholders to execute the strategy including sales presentations, trainings, customer interactions, partner discussions, and industry thought leadership
- Keep abreast of insurance trends and assess opportunities for American Modern
- Leverage new technology and related trends to address business challenges and/or develop new business models
- Understand and assess business issues, problems, risks, and challenges by working with the business units and external partners
- Collaborate with other Munich Re innovation entities (for example, Incubator Lab, Munich Innovation team, etc.) to develop and validate business relevant ideas.
- Drive all aspects of the idea generation campaigns from planning to execution
- Contribute to the overall project management of assigned topics from ideation through operationalizing, including business case development, change management and implementation planning
- Deliver targeted business goals and objectives for assigned projects
- Coach and mentor associates and functional groups within the organization by conducting Design Thinking-based workshops, innovation campaigns, ideation, and iterative execution; Be a catalyst for driving an innovation mindset.
- Occasional travel (about 20%) for collaboration activities and conferences/training.
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Experience in development and launch of value-added services strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of the SmartHome market and technology strongly preferred
- Property Casualty Insurance Background preferred but not required
- Must be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Must have an optimistic can do attitude and approach to pursuing new ideas
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be comfortable working with technology related solutions
- Develop creative solutions to real work business problems
- Understand and assess business issues, problems, risks and challenges by working with the business units and external partners.
- Exhibited application of design thinking concepts
- Strong ability to think innovatively and strategically
- Strong ability to research strategic topics
- Ability to identify trends, pursue them independently, and develop initial business cases
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.