Sr. Territory Sales Manager
WE OFFERThe mission of sales is to identify, cultivate, and influence new partnerships and existing relationships that will contribute to the achievement of our annual business plans. We manage relationships for growth and profit, while identifying new partnership opportunities. The sales department uses our sphere of knowledge for industry marketplace intelligence. We also translate partner business data in to actionable information.
The Sr. Territory Sales Manager is responsible for American Modern’s presence in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Iowa.
- Management of key accounts with travel expectation of 40-60%.
- Delivers and manages growth and profitability targets for assigned accounts.
- Develops sales plans including new account development, retention, and marketing strategy through analysis of current and future market trends.
- Identifies decision-makers and key associate within an account and develops productive relationships.
- Identified as an expert by customers in regard to product placement and market knowledge for assigned accounts.
- Gathers and assesses market and competitor intelligence to identify trends and opportunities.
- Identifies and delivers on compliance corrective actions.
- Collaborates with Sales Account Support personnel to achieve in-house support needed to meet customer expectations.
- Collaborates with Product Department on the development of assigned territory rate and rule changes.
- Represents American Modern at insurance conventions and trade shows.
- Participates in training sessions with accounts and follows up with activation activities – includes Product, Legacy, AMsuite, etc.
- Participates in Strategic Alliance agency visits. Selected target locations are currently co-assigned with established goals and co-assigned in SIP.
- Bachelor's degree, required
- Client management, sales or related experience, preferred
- P&C experience, preferred but not required
- Knowledge of effective training, sales, marketing and relationship management techniques
- Digital selling familiarity, preferred
- Social sales skills, required
- Highly motivated, goal oriented self-starter with the drive to be a top performer
- Ability to build rapport and long lasting client relationships
- Effective and influential communication skills: verbal and written
- Professional presence
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.