If you’re looking for a rewarding career in a growing company with a true career path, it’s time to claim your future with the American Modern claims department. You’ll be working on the frontlines of our business, supporting customers in times of need and disaster. American Modern invests heavily in the skills of our claims adjusters. For you, that means the best training in the industry and a future that’s wide open with opportunity.
- A majority of claims handled would be catastrophe related (Occasionally, adjusters may handle day to day claims)
- Travel is expected about 75% of the time
- Assigned catastrophe claims are handle to conclusion by the catastrophe adjuster
- This position may also provide territory coverage for known or unexpected staff vacancies
- Catastrophe Pay and meal per diems are provided while deployed
- Work from home and use of a company car for traveling
- Competitive Pay plus additional CAT deployment pay
- Great medical, dental and vision benefits
- Comprehensive retirement plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Two or more years of Insurance Adjusting experience in Field Property Claims - Catastrophe claims a plus
- Ability to scope, diagram and estimate damages
- Mobile home and Dwelling construction knowledge preferred
- Licensed adjusters are a plus
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work/industry experience
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
American Modern is a widely recognized, national leader in the specialty insurance business. With close to 50 years of experience in the manufactured housing insurance sector, the company delivers specialized products and services for residential property and the recreational market. One of our newest lines is pet health insurance. The company is headquartered in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio.
American Modern is licensed in all 50 states and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies which serve more than 1.7 million policyholders. As part of its parent company, American Modern’s companies are rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company an independent analyst of the insurance industry, and is also a Ward’s 50® Top Performer another well-regarded industry standard of stability and excellence.
American Modern joined Munich Re as a key part of the world reinsurance leader’s North American insurance operations in April 2008. Munich Re has approximately 47,000 employees in over 50 locations throughout the world and operates in all lines of insurance. It is among the top 100 companies on the Forbes Global 500 list.