Head of Data Architecture
WE OFFEREnterprise Information Management (EIM) is part of IT Business Solutions. EIM drives end-to-end delivery and maintenance of data solutions. Our Solutions include analytics data platforms, MDM, data quality, metadata management, data governance tools and upcoming solutions to support the growing needs of our data landscape. Our data practices include Requirement Analysis, Data Architecture and Modeling, Data Engineering, Enterprise Reporting and Testing. We ensure integrity of data for business operations and decision making. We build & provide support for the services we offer. EIM partners with our Enterprise Data and Analytics team in the business to drive data strategy, govern data assets and create business value from our data assets. EIM collaborates with other IT teams like Enterprise Architecture, global platform teams and others, to build technology roadmaps, reference architecture and data capabilities. EIM’s charter is to build solutions that deliver business value. At the same time, we ensure these solutions are forward thinking, scalable, sustainable and align with Munich Re Group standards to achieve economies of scale.
We have embarked on a modernization journey. EIM is laying out transformation plans for our teams and data landscape. We are looking for strong leaders to lead the teams on this journey through their business and technical acumen.
The position provides leadership to AMIG EIM’s Data Architecture & Modeling team. In this position, you will perform the role of a Practice Manager for Data Architecture & Modeling discipline. You will also be accountable for shaping talent on your team. You will drive for delivery leveraging the practices and people on your teams.
As a delivery manager within the EIM Department, you will work with the Business to ensure their data needs are met by developing, enhancing, and maintaining our data analytics platform. You will collaborate with other IT teams to ensure solution alignment and compliance with IT Standards & controls.
You will be responsible for staff management, vendor management and budget planning, forecasting and actuals auditing.
Management responsibilities include:
- Manages a resource portfolio - acquires and develops appropriately skilled resources. Manages performance via coaching and feedback. Assigns & allocates resources from multiple sources, as appropriate, to service and support the EIM team. Resource pool may include American Modern full-time and part-time associates, onshore-offshore resources, contract for hire firms, strategic vendor partners, etc.
- Manages innovation by maintaining an awareness of trends and directions in the information technology and insurance industries, and applies them as appropriate to enable our business objectives
- Assists with defining departmental policy, development of strategic, long range and tactical plans for EIM Department
- Collaborates with business and IT leaders in setting direction and priorities as appropriate for scope of responsibilities
- Communicates and executes the vision, direction, and plans, which enable their functional area to deliver cost effective and timely support of existing business applications
- Accountable for on-time delivery of projects & build out of new AMIG Data Analytics Platform that meet the business expectations for functionality and quality
Practice Management Responsibilities include:
- Build out the Information flow for AMIG data through various systems
- Defines best practices, data policies and standard in collaboration with other teams
- Stands upa team that understands business processes, how information is create, stored and consumed in the organization to build new data platform
- Drives innovation by bringing new data technologies to modernize data architecture in AMIG
- Builds lean processes to support scaled implementations of development and support services for both teams
- Evaluates & recommends tools, techniques, processes and methodologies to improve the delivery, quality and cost of technology solutions for EIM functional areas you lead
IT Delivery Manager Responsibilities include:
- Oversees day-to-day implementation of projects and operations related to EIM functions performed by Data Architecture and Modeling team resources
- Measures and reports on the effectiveness of the staff using metrics such as on-time delivery, defect rates, allocation of time, SLAs etc.
- Partners with architecture and platform teams to ensure alignment of data delivery.
- Enhances delivery by embracing agile principles and leveraging automation where appropriate
- 15+ years of work experience in EIM discipline of Data Architecture, Engineering and/or Analytics delivery
- 5+ years of Teams Management experience with proven supervisory and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related fields
- Prior knowledge of P&C Insurance business is manndatory, CPCU certification preferred but not required
- Good working knowledge of design concepts in Data warehousing, MDM, data quality, business reporting and dashboards
- Good working knowledge of Data Modeling tools like Erwin and/or PowerDesigner
- Good working knowledge of technologies in analytics platforms, mastering, integrations and big data management. Hands on experience in Azure, Informatica, Databricks, Kafka technologies is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Analytics Delivery using Cognos, PowerBI, SSAS, SSRS, Azure Analysis Services
- Good knowledge of tools, methodologies and procedures in an agile framework.
- Customer focus with demonstrated customer engagement skills (relationship / team builder)
- Demonstrated experience in building cohesive team in onsite-offshore setup
- Analytical (proven problem solver) skills and attention to detail
- Written and verbal communications skills to all levels of management
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.