Actuarial Long Term Intern
- Development of rate level indications for all lines of business
- Selection of pricing levels for each state and line in close collaboration with Product Management
- Development of strategies to drive profitable growth
- Filing support for rate changes
- Development of profitability scorecards that drive strategy and resource allocation
- Annual Loss Ratio Planning
- Special Projects
WE EXPECT* Must be recent graduate or graduating in December 2022
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar background requiring quantitative analysis.
- GPA 3.2 or higher
- Successful completion of 1 or more actuarial exams
- Strong analytical abilities including understanding of advanced mathematics and statistical concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically and perform analysis in a timely manner.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Strong command of Excel as well as some knowledge of programming and databases such as SQL, Visual Basic and Macros
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.