WE OFFEREmpower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized several times as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, most recently in 2022.
Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Potential Full-Time career opportunities after graduation.
- Create and manage state regulated changes for the department
- Work with Claims and forms creation teams on intent of coverage language
- Analyze proposed rating structure ensuring marketing alignment and impact on retention
- Utilize knowledge of actuarial concepts when analyzing proposed rating structures or marketing intelligence
- Clearly support new rating and coverage initiatives to Departments of Insurance to ensure quality and compliance
- Utilize project management skills to ensure quality delivery of new/revised products to internal partners and external market
- Ensure internal quality and compliance through training, process improvement initiatives and peer reviews
- Initiate change using the product development process lifecycle
- Analyze market data such as rate structure and coverage offerings of competitors
- Assist in innovation design of system flow, coverage creation, rating structure, form language, underwriting rules and print output
- Document and communicate revisions to internal partners, training teams and external partners
- Obtaining a degree in Math, Finance, or Business background
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Office Suite applications, and computer systems.
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Office Suite applications
- Strong analytical abilities including mathematics and statistical concepts.
- Local candidates preferred
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.