Summer 2023 Intern - Data Analytics Consultant
WE OFFEREmpower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized several times as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, most recently in 2020.
Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Potential Full-Time career opportunities after graduation
- Develop analytic tools (reports, dashboards, apps) under the guidance of analytic consultants to meet business needs.
- Participate in project team work in an agile format to deliver project outcomes on schedule.
- Assist with documenting training materials or creating learning videos to support analytic assets being deployed.
- Conduct basic analysis for insights and deliver those insights to business stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (Outlook, OneNote, Teams, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic analytic skills: regression, correlation, etc.
- Familiarity with basic database structures
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.