Summer Intern - Portfolio Management
Empower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, since 2013. Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Full-Time career opportunities after graduation
As a valued intern with our Portfolio Management team, you will have the opportunity to assist with the following projects:
- Use catastrophe models to create output for reporting, pricing, predictive analytics, and planning.
- Develop tools and models.
- Participate in quarterly exposure data and assist in the quality assurance of data.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or graduate’s degree. Math and Science majors are preferred.
- Graduation date between December 2023 and May 2026
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Strong interest in the insurance industry
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
American Modern is a widely recognized, national leader in the specialty insurance business. With close to 50 years of experience in the manufactured housing insurance sector, the company delivers specialized products and services for residential property and the recreational market. One of our newest lines is pet health insurance. The company is headquartered in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio.
American Modern is licensed in all 50 states and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies which serve more than 1.7 million policyholders. As part of its parent company, American Modern’s companies are rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company an independent analyst of the insurance industry, and is also a Ward’s 50® Top Performer another well-regarded industry standard of stability and excellence.
American Modern joined Munich Re as a key part of the world reinsurance leader’s North American insurance operations in April 2008. Munich Re has approximately 47,000 employees in over 50 locations throughout the world and operates in all lines of insurance. It is among the top 100 companies on the Forbes Global 500 list.