Personal Lines Underwriting Audit Lead – Agent Delegated Underwriting
Lead Underwriting Department Delegated Underwriting Authority Audit Program. Support work related training, quality, governance and other critical underwriting deliverables.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the skills assessment, design, delivery and oversight of the Underwriting Delegated Underwriting Authority (DUA) Audit Program
- Complete quality and compliance audits and deliver corresponding results
- Partner with Senior Underwriter to help facilitate and support audit processes
- Collaborate with other Underwriting Consultants to build and promote consistency in Underwriting actions between internal and external partners.
- Coordinate with Underwriting leadership to ensure best delivery methods leveraging SME’s in the organization
- Build, maintain and adhere to DUA audit scheduling and documentation.
- Research, identify, document and build action plans to resolve opportunities that improve quality, compliance and overall performance at the agency level.
- Responsible for understanding and communicating processes, procedures, and methodologies related to quality routines.
- Serve as Personal Lines Underwriting DUA representative on cross functional assignments
- Provide support for governance functions (ex. Compliance, IRM, and Internal Audit)
- Support the building and maintenance of SOP & work instructions
- Support underwriting training curriculum for both internal and external associates
- Support and build alignment and consistency with DUA audits and internal Quality Verification processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree required
- Under minimal supervision, demonstrates ability to develop and support business cases
- Effects change through the creation and implementation of risk management plans while collaborating with key stakeholder
- 1+ years’ experience developing, facilitating, and adapting quality reviews and/or training to various learning styles and environments -Experience and/or knowledge with regulatory and compliance processes and guidelines
- 5+ years underwriting experience
- Experience with data gathering, financial analytics, and trend identification, preferred
- Must have the ability to embrace and promote change
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.