IT Risk Officer Intern
WE OFFERThe Company:
American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized several times as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, most recently in 2021. The company’s financial stability is validated by long-standing, high ratings from Ward Group and A. M. Best Company. Headquartered in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio, the company began its insurance operations in 1965.
Enterprise Information Management (EIM) is part of IT Business Solutions. EIM drives end-to-end delivery and maintenance of data solutions. Our Solutions include Analytics data platforms, MDM, Data Quality, Metadata management, Data governance tools and upcoming solutions for supporting Data Landscape growing needs. Our Data practices comprises of Requirement Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Enterprise Reporting and Testing. We ensure integrity of data for business operations and decision making. We build & provide support for the services we offer. EIM partners with our BIA team in business to drive Data strategy, govern data assets and create business value from our data assets. EIM collaborates with other IT teams like Enterprise Architecture, global platform teams and others, to build technology roadmaps, reference architecture and data capabilities. EIM charter is to build solutions that deliver business value. At the same time, we ensure these solutions are forward thinking, scalable, sustainable and drive standardization to achieve economies of scale.
AMIG data teams have embarked on a modernization journey. EIM is laying out transformation plans for our teams and data landscape. We are looking for strong leaders to lead the teams on this journey through their business and technical acumen.
The position provides support to AMIG EIM’s Risk/Compliance teams. In this position, you will perform the role of an IT Risk Officer Intern. You will collaborate across the EIM team, to assess methods, techniques, and tools to be used to enforce integrity levels and perform assessments of risk to the business entity. You will also be expected to assist in the coordination of audits and regulatory activities, risk assessments, application tests and compliance monitoring.
- Develops, communicates, and monitors information security policy, standards and guidelines compliance based on risk assessments and monitoring.
- Monitors the application and compliance of security procedures and reviews information systems for compliance and actual or potential breaches in security or risk requirements.
- Coordinates audit and regulatory activities, risk assessments, application tests and compliance management monitoring.
- Collaborates to assess methods, techniques, and tools to be used to enforce integrity levels and perform assessments of risks to the business entity.
- Participates in the development of Information Security and IT Risk policies, standards, and guidelines. Responsible for entities of smaller size and/or less risk significance
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Data Analytics preferred
- Must be Jr or Sr year in program
- Have the ability to work part-time, required hours 20-35 hours per week
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, diagnostic, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Knowledge of data gathering using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Understanding of information technologies, their uses, and applications.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work demands
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.