Automation Architect - Automation Services
WE OFFERAmerican Modern’s (AMIG) Operations Consulting Group (OCG) is a team of individuals from diverse backgrounds that share a passion for efficiency, effectiveness & pragmatic execution. We report to the Chief Operating Officer but work will all areas of the company and the greater Munich Re organization. While we report through American Modern Insurance Group, we function as a shared service to the greater Global Munich Re portfolio of companies and are considered Munich Re’s center of excellence for all three of our service offerings.
OCG is made up of three separate teams, each delivering a full set of services that work together closely to deliver a broad portfolio of operational excellence solutions:
- Consulting: Provides Lean Six Sigma based process improvement services
- Business Process Outsourcing: Uses third party staffing to execute standard work activities in low-cost international locations
- Automation: Delivers robotic process automation (RPA via Blue Prism) and digital workflow solutions (Appian) and automated input management (OCR via Open Text and other solutions).
Following initial designs, the Solutions Architect will remain engaged throughout the project duration and serve as a resource to internal configurators & developers to resolve technical challenges that may arise. Finally, at project completion, the Solutions Architect will ensure that final solution automation capability to be launched to production fairly represents the initial solution designed and is compliant with AMIG/Munich Re code standards and patterns. As such, the Solutions Architect is ultimately responsible for automation quality.
WE EXPECTRoles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Operations Consulting staff (Black Belts) to gain initial understanding of internal process challenges that could potentially be solved/minimized via new automated capabilities
- Work with AMIG internal business customers to develop deep understanding of business problems that may be solve through some combination of process refinement and automation capabilities. Solution Architect will work with Ops Consulting Black Belts to ensure internal business customers are not limited by current operating paradigms but rather are open to ideating new creative solutions that may require fundamental changes to how business is carried out
- Ensure backlog tickets accurately describe both the business problem and potential solution recommended for development
- Work with Ops Consulting automation business analysts and technical staff (both in-house and off-shore third part contractors) to ensure technical specs are developed to address customer problems. Ensure technical solution designed is technically efficient and “elegant”, meaning the solution is developed with the least amount of resources (applications, pages, steps, code, etc.) required to deliver the greatest amount of value for the customer (fastest, programming, fastest execution speed, best quality/yield)
- Collaborate with Automation Team off-shore third party Delivery Manager and Scrum Master to ensure proper allocation staff to tickets as Epics & Sprints are developed
- Function as a permanent resource to off-shore configuration staff to resolve configuration/programming design questions
- Execute solution design reviews ahead of final testing by customer and production launch
- Engage Ops Consulting technical resources in troubleshooting post production issues. Work with business staff as needed to ensure suggested countermeasures meet fitness for use
- Lead root cause analysis (RCA) efforts after production issues are resolved to ensure future development accounts for new learnings from past issues
- Work with AMIG/Munich Re IT staff to resolve any application, process or policy related issue preventing the execution of the intended automation solution.
Required Technical Skills:
- Deep hands-on experience in automation tool stacks including:
- Digital Workflows: Appian or similar (Service Now, Docusign, etc)
- Input Management: Open Text or similar (Adobe Experience Manager, etc
- Robotic Process Automation: Blue Prism or similar (Automation Anywhere, Pega, ect
- Business Process Management Notation: Adonis or similar (Signavio, Aris, etc.)
- Artificial Intelligence: Microsoft Azure LUIS, Logic & Function Apps, Python, etc.
- Desktop Infrastructure: Microsoft active directory and web services
- Databases & Storage: My SQL, Orable, Azure Blob Storage
- Building cloud integration solutions
- Azure PaaS and IaaS development
- Experience with working in Agile (Azure DevOps, KANBAN, Scrumban) environment as part of a scrum team
- Adequate dexterity in Cloud Computing is a major requirement. Experience in Google Cloud or AWS will suffice if not in Azure.
- Applied experience in process improvement: Lean/Six Sigma Blackbelt desired but not necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.