Application Development Technical Lead
WE OFFEREnterprise Information Management (EIM) is part of IT Business Solutions. EIM drives end-to-end delivery and maintenance of data solutions. Our Solutions include Analytics data platforms, MDM, Data Quality, Metadata management, Data governance tools and upcoming solutions for supporting Data Landscape growing needs. Our Data practices comprises of Requirement Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Enterprise Reporting and Testing. We ensure integrity of data for business operations and decision making. We build & provide support for the services we offer.
We are looking for Application Development Tech Lead to support American Modern Insurance Group’s (AMIG) Specialty Clients team. Candidate must be a seasoned IT professional with hands on data experience preferably in Property & Casualty business. You will oversee the end to end process for bringing in data from insurance partners into AMIG’s system for monitoring and reporting. This includes integrating partner provided information with our claims system, agency management system, earnings system, and reporting systems.
The position will be a key member of the Specialty Clients agile delivery team, ensuring the implementation of onboarding additional partners and ensuring ongoing production support of existing partners. The candidate will be aligned with two different services within the MunichRe organization; Specialty Clients and Enterprise Information Management (EIM). The candidate must have strong data experience and demonstrated successful delivery of projects.
As an Application Development Technical Lead, you’ll:
- Bring closure to issues, problems, and projects of all levels of complexity depending on experience
- Develop computer programs, respond to questions, and resolve problems
- Develop entry level to highly complex batch and/or interactive applications, using functional specifications, in accordance with departmental policies/procedures, methodologies and project schedules
- Design, code, test and implement modifications or enhancements to applications
- Develop system and/or program level specifications
- Work effectively with clients, interpreting their issues and translating them into workable solutions
- Develop and executes test plans, assuring that both component and integrated tests are successfully completed
- Oversee development of other ETL and report developers, including offshore team members
- Assist and/or develop training for internal IT staff and business users
- Identify continuous process improvement opportunities and operationalize solutions for same
- Follow established guidelines and processes for project methodologies - MRessentials
- 7+ years of work experience in EIM discipline of Data Architecture, Modeling and/or Data Engineering and/or Analytics delivery
- Prior knowledge of P&C Insurance business, CPCU certification highly preferred but not mandatory
- 5+ years of experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Cognos, PowerBI is mandatory
- Hands on experience with data design concepts in Data warehousing and transaction systems, business reporting and dashboards
- Experience with Data Modeling techniques and tools, such as SAP Power Designer or Erwin. Strong SQL Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Proficient with SQL in transactional and Datawarehouse systems
- Strong skill sets working with relational databases.
- Good knowledge of tools, methodologies and procedures in an agile framework.
- Customer focus with demonstrated customer engagement skills (relationship / team builder)
- Proven track record to lead a team in onsite-offshore model
- Analytical (proven problem solver) skills and attention to detail
- Written and verbal communications skills to all levels of management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related fields
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.