Summer Intern - Accounting
WE OFFEREmpower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, since 2013.
Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Full-Time career opportunities after graduation
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly tasks of the General Accounting department and bring classroom learning to life.
- Assistance with reviewing fixed assets for obsolescence and write-off.
- Update location fields within the fixed asset module where incorrect or blank.
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations for bank accounts and miscellaneous other accounts.
- Assistance with loading journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Currently pursuing an Accounting or Finance bachelor’s degree or graduate’s degree.
- Graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Strong interest in the insurance industry
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Candidates must be local (Cincinnati, OH) and will work in the office at least 2 days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
American Modern is a widely recognized, national leader in the specialty insurance business. With close to 50 years of experience in the manufactured housing insurance sector, the company delivers specialized products and services for residential property and the recreational market. One of our newest lines is pet health insurance. The company is headquartered in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio.
American Modern is licensed in all 50 states and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies which serve more than 1.7 million policyholders. As part of its parent company, American Modern’s companies are rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company an independent analyst of the insurance industry, and is also a Ward’s 50® Top Performer another well-regarded industry standard of stability and excellence.
American Modern joined Munich Re as a key part of the world reinsurance leader’s North American insurance operations in April 2008. Munich Re has approximately 47,000 employees in over 50 locations throughout the world and operates in all lines of insurance. It is among the top 100 companies on the Forbes Global 500 list.