Accounts Payable Specialist
American Modern Insurance Group
Cincinnati , United States
American Modern Insurance Group is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Accounting Operations team! This role is responsible for cash transaction management for banking and payables, vendor management, support for government filing requirements, and customer service support. As the AP Specialist, you will assist in the documentation of accounting policies and procedures and will monitor compliance with internal controls.
- Vendor onboarding setup, approvals and changes.
- Receive and process for payment all vendor regular, epay, intercompany and Concur accounts payable invoices acquired via requisitions or check requests.
- Support business partner Inquiries.
- Prepare ad-hoc analytics and research.
- Support all process improvement initiatives as a subject matter expert.
- Review payables checks for accuracy.
- Support all governmental filing requirements.
- Maintain and monitor compliance with internal controls, including documenting applicable accounting guidance and end to end accounting processes.
- Continue to build expertise and capabilities in Insurance, GAAP, and IFRS Accounting bases through on the job training, and by attending training and development opportunities both inside and outside of work.
- General Accounting knowledge and on the job experience with ledger transactions, reconciliations, and sub ledger functions across various transaction streams including cash, receivables, and payables
- Experience using Microsoft Excel including the use of macros, pivot tables, and other Excel advanced functions
- Proficiency with all other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in documenting and evaluating internal controls
- Experience in establishing/documenting end to end business/accounting processes
As an American Modern Employee, you will get:
- Competitive base pay plus annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive Medical Plans /Dental and Vision Plans
- FSA and HSA Plans with Employer contributions
- 24 PTO days plus 2 Volunteer Days
- Holiday Pay
- Paid 8 weeks Family Leave
- Campus Amenities – Free parking, onsite gym, cafeteria, walking trails, Starbucks
- Education Opportunities – Free LinkedIn learnings, mentorship opportunities, AMIG University
- 401k Employer Match plus Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan
- Life and Disability insurance
- Wellness Programs - Calm, WW, SoFI, Virgin Pulse
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance *Group
- Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Plans
American Modern Insurance Group offers flexibility with our hybrid work environment. Employees are typically in the office 40-50% of the time to allow for face to face collaboration. We are located in Amelia, OH, a suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio.
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.