Summer Intern - Financial Compliance Automation
American Modern Insurance Group
Cincinnati , United States
Empower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, since 2013.
Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Potential Full-Time career opportunities after graduation
- Develop Python scripts to aide in the testing of business/IT controls and various compliance requirements.
- Utilize Python in conjunction with SQL to query, filter, and perform testing of data populations to meet departmental needs.
- Design, code, test, and implement modifications or enhancements to existing Python and SQL scripts.
- Develop specifications for test scripts based on prior manually performed testing.
- Work with members of business to understand processes, points of risk, and identify test cases to mitigate identified points of risk.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or graduate’s degree. Information Systems, Computer Science, or related fields are preferred
- Graduation date between December 2024 and May 2026
- Programming skills in Python and SQL
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients, interpreting their issues and translating them into workable solutions.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Candidates must be local (Cincinnati, OH) and will work in the office at least 2 days a week
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued, and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.