Summer Intern - Corporate Underwriting
American Modern Insurance Group
Amelia , United States
Empower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, since 2013.
Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Potential Full-Time career opportunities after graduation
As a valued intern with our Corporate Underwriting team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist in the completion of Testing and Monitoring of Business Unit Controls, and identify gaps in processes and documentation.
- Assist the team by performing tasks designed to gain an understanding of the Property and Casualty marketplace while providing information/research to the team.
- Participate fully with other team members by actively asking questions, volunteering answers, and assisting teammates as appropriate.
- Continuously develop and strengthen the skills required for success in the Insurance Industry.
- Ideate on problem areas and come up with meaningful, value-added solutions to implement.
- Junior or higher pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business, or similar program
- This position is open to students with a concentration in Audit, Business, Economics, Risk Management, Accounting, Data Analytics, or a similar program.
- Mindset for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated deduction and critical thinking skills
- Project Management, Six Sigma, Shingo courses or certifications a plus
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Candidates must be local (Cincinnati, OH) and will work in the office at least 2 days a week
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued, and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.