Summer Intern - Marketing Copywriter
American Modern Insurance Group
Cincinnati , United States
Empower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, since 2013.
Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Potential Full-Time career opportunities after graduation
As a Copywriting Intern at American Modern, you will earn practical experience as a fully integrated member of the creative team:
- Collaborate with copywriters, designers, developers and marketing strategists in all stages of content creation
- Become intimately familiar with our full line of insurance products and communicate their benefits in compelling copy
- Proofread and edit copy as needed to ensure accuracy, grammar, and adherence to brand guidelines
- Contribute to creative meetings and brainstorm sessions
- Learn and execute the brand voice and leverage the visual brand guidelines
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or graduate’s degree. Journalism, Marketing, Communications or English are preferred
- Graduation date between December 2024 and May 2027
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Ability to juggle multiple projects / assignments at once
- Open to feedback from others
- Willing to meet with top level leadership to assist with communication needs
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Candidates must be local (Cincinnati, OH) and will work in the office at least 2 days a week
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued, and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.