Summer Intern Data Governance
American Modern Insurance Group
Cincinnati , United States
Empower yourself. Start building your career with a team of Insurance Experts!
American Modern is widely recognized as a leader in this “specialty market.” Through strong relationships with our agent partners, we protect classic cars, motorcycles, boats and yachts, and, in the residential sector, rental property (short-term and 12-month), vacant property, owner-occupied homes, vacation homes, and manufactured homes. American Modern employs nearly 1,200 and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer, since 2013.
Why intern with AMIG?
- Gain hands on experience over 12 week summer program
- Network with CEO, senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
- Flexibility in a hybrid world
- Opportunity to gain professional and personal development
- Participate in community outreach
- Potential Full-Time career opportunities after graduation
As a valued intern with our Data Governance team, you will gather, analyze and document information related to the Data Governance framework:
- Work with technical and business data stewards performing data profiling to establish baseline quality metrics for key data assets.
- Assist in documenting data flows and work with Data Governance team to enable technologies like Data Catalog and Data Quality, while developing use cases, documentation and profiling together with business stewards and SME’s.
- Learn data quality standards and tools to profile data sources.
- Document the Enterprise Data Governance policies and procedures.
- Document business glossary terms and definitions as part of the Data catalog development.
- Research and document current and future state business process flows.
- Assist Data Governance team members with implementing and maintaining governance standards and processes
- Opportunity to develop Data Governance dashboards and visualizations related to Data Quality and Business Glossary.
- Opportunity to work on Informatica Data Quality and Axon applications.
- Participate in the development of data literacy agenda related to data Quality and Data catalog
- Participate in Data Governance community of practice
- Build communication skills for presenting to data stewards and key data owners.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or graduate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Data Analytics, Data Management preferred
- Graduation date between December 2024 and May 2027
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Confidence in use of MS Office 360 tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Notes, Teams)
- Basic SQL knowledge strongly preferred
- Exposure to coursework related to data management : data quality, metadata, data lineage would be ideal
- Experience or coursework in use of the data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) definite plus
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Candidates must be local (Cincinnati, OH) and will work in the office at least 2 days a week
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued, and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.