Capital Modeller (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
As a provider of Primary Insurance Speciality and Retail market business, Great Lakes Insurance
SE (GLISE) is a wholly owned subsidiary and an integral part of the Munich Re Group. Our
Primary Insurance out of Reinsurance (PIRI) interlocked business model is to seize opportunities closely connected to the Group’s reinsurance core business, innovation opportunities, as well as initiatives with ERGO and other Group entities. GLISE currently operates from its headquarters in Munich, and via branch offices in London, Switzerland, Italy and Australia.
To complement our Integrated Risk Management team, we are looking for a skilled and motivated individual in Munich or London, the team operating across both locations. You will own the capital model and contribute to the regulatory and internal risk reporting. You will be part of a dynamic and diverse team and cover various fields of quantitative risk management like insurance, credit, investment, and longevity risks on international markets.
Your jobYour Job:
- Maintaining and operating GLISE’s approved Solvency II internal model, including contributing to its calibration, model changes and validation, and conducting
- Conducting the use tests like Stress and Scenario Testing, sensitivities, and calibration of the reinsurance program
- Liaising with Munich Re Group Integrated Risk Management and Finance teams to collect their inputs into GLISE’s model and feed GLISE results back into the Group processes
- Contributing to GLISE’s quarterly Risk Report, annual ORSA and other reporting processes
- Conducting Solvency II standard formula calculations, including corresponding change analysis
- Providing risk opinions on underwriting referrals and key business decisions
- Communicating with GLISE senior management on quantitative risk topics
- Fulfilling regulatory requirements and studies from EIOPA as well as from the relevant local regulators
Your profileYour Profile:
- University degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Science (qualified or nearly qualified actuary)
- Experience in risk modelling under Solvency II – Experience of coding languages (R, VBA) is an asset
- Experience of regulatory reporting and submissions is an advantage
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Working collaboratively and effectively in an international group dynamic, often virtual
- Fluent English, Intermediate German or willingness to learn
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, on target bonus, 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more along with private medical insurance and employers contributory pension of 10%About Us
Here at Munich Re we seek to offer our staff the opportunity to grow in an exciting, results-oriented and diverse working environment. We believe that your dedication to apply your outstanding knowledge crafts the future; the future of our clients, of Munich Re and of course your own.
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to crafting an inclusive environment for all our employees.