Energy Underwriter (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
Are you a dedicated and passionate Underwriter looking for a role where you can grow and develop alongside a recognised market leading team in both the London and international Energy insurance markets? The Oil & Gas Corporate team are looking for somebody to join them!
The Energy business unit of Munich Re F&C (Facultative & Corporate) provides tailored insurance solutions to the global Oil & Gas, Mining and Power industries.
The job is a front line role with daily broker contact and direct contact with clients, as well as internal liaison with other units within Munich Re.
Your jobKey Responsibilities:
- To underwrite new and renewal Global Downstream Energy Oil & Gas business in accordance with agreed strategy and within designated underwriting authority
- Performing risk assessment including pricing, wording analysis, accumulation management and acceptance of large and complex energy risks
- Conducting negotiations with policyholders and brokers
- Representing Munich Re as a key market and thought leader within the Downstream Energy insurance Industry
- To coordinate and collaborate with other business units
- Developing, maintaining and expanding client and broker relationships
- Contributing to the development of the portfolio by actively acquiring profitable new business
- Assisting in the implementation of portfolio analysis and compiling statistics and reports
- Contribute to an inspiring team environment that enables Munich Re’s Downstream community to achieve its mid and long term goals
- Work with Energy Management in the development and implementation of business strategy
- Build links with other Munich Re entities to enhance the position of F&C London within the Munich Re Group and assist with development of the overall portfolio
- Share standard methodology and relevant information/expertise with the Energy team and wider Munich Re community
- Remain up to date with legal/market developments concerning the lines of business
- Represent the Energy team at internal/external meetings and on internal/external committees. This will include attending client and industry meetings etc
- Participation in risk inspection and underwriting reviews
Your profileKey Skills and Experience Essential
- Professional Insurance experience within direct and/or facultative insurance, focusing on industrial energy property insurance
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment and pricing methodology as well as proficiency in policy wording analysis
- Proficient in negotiating terms and conditions with clients and brokers
- Sales orientation with the ability to build balanced relationships with clients and brokers
- Team spirit and high level of dedication
- Problem solving approach with a focused, proactive and efficient work style
- Willingness to travel
- Analytics experience
- CII designation
University degree, preferably in an engineering or economic related subject area
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, on target bonus, 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more along with private medical insurance and employers contributory pension of 10%About Us
Here at Munich Re we seek to offer our staff the opportunity to grow in an exciting, results-oriented and diverse working environment. We believe that your dedication to apply your outstanding knowledge crafts the future; the future of our clients, of Munich Re and of course your own.
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to crafting an inclusive environment for all our employees.