Account Handler and Business Administrator (m/f/d)
Dublin city , Ireland
Are you an Account Handler from the Insurance industry or Administration Professional looking for a new challenge where you can make a real impact?
Great Lakes Insurance SE are in the process of creating a Dublin branch (GLIR) offering an exciting opportunity to be part of crafting and implementing processes whilst being part of a worldwide structure.
This is a huge opportunity for somebody who is looking for growth, development and an opportunity to assist in the smooth running of a brand-new office!
Your jobKey Responsibilities:
- To facilitate the completion of contracts of insurance based on recommendation by specialist Munich Re UW staff, signing on behalf of GLIR on insurance slips, endorsements and contracts and related correspondence in close collaboration with the Munich Re underwriters.
- To ensure that contracts are written in line with GLIR requirements and standards.
- To service the insurance business timely and reliably, solve problems, and deal with reporting requirements both to Management and to Group Units.
- To collaborate closely with GLIR finance and other group units to ensure overall workflow along the insurance business value chain incl. invoicing, premium collection, etc.
- To help develop standards and procedures for a newly established branch office
- To communicate with the Group Unit(s) in relation to prospective GLIR business
- To perform quality control of system entries and ensure accurate exposure; maximise the integrity, quality and usability of information.
- To collaborate with back office functions and underwriters on credit control issues.
- To assist the Branch Manager with administrative tasks such as procurement, travel arrangements, event organisation, mail handling, etc.
Your profileKey Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of insurance and / or banking business
- Ability to precisely and accurately handle and control work flow, while maintaining accurate records enabling the production of reports as necessary.
- To understand the broader business issues, act on opportunities, and solve problems using initiative and working in a team.
- Good communication skills, great teammate, highly motivated and reliable
Degree educated or equivalent work related experience
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, on target bonus, 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more along with private medical insurance and employers contributory pension of 10%. We offer a hybrid working policy with a mix of working from home at our Dublin office.About Us
Here at Great Lakes Ireland (a Munich Re company) we seek to offer our staff the opportunity to grow in an exciting, results-oriented and diverse working environment. We believe that your dedication to apply your outstanding knowledge crafts the future; the future of our clients, of Munich Re and of course your own.
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to crafting an inclusive environment for all our employees.