Information Security and Operational Risk Manager (m/f/d) *
Munich , Germany
As a provider of Primary Insurance Specialty and Retail market business, Great Lakes Insurance SE (Great Lakes) is a wholly owned subsidiary and an integral part of the Munich Re Group. Our Primary Insurance out of Reinsurance (PIRI) interlocked business model focuses on seizing opportunities closely connected to the Group’s reinsurance core business, innovation opportunities, as well as initiatives with ERGO and other Group entities. Great Lakes currently operates from its headquarters in Munich and via branch offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Italy, Ireland and Australia.
To complement our Integrated Risk Management team, we are looking for a skilled and motivated individual in Munich, with the whole Risk Management team located in Munich and London. You will be responsible for the identification and monitoring of IT security risks and for business continuity management and operational risks (including contributions to risk reporting and to ORSA). This role will also offer the opportunity to provide risk-based business steering advice and communication to Great Lakes senior management and to liaise closely with Munich Re Group’s central IRM department. You will be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Assuming risk management responsibilities in the areas of information and IT security as well as Business Continuity Management (e.g. risk strategy, guideline competence, definition of minimum requirements, escalation process and crisis management)
- Contributing to Great Lakes’ ORSA process, including the operational risk and control assessment (ICS) and risk reporting
- Ensuring ongoing appropriate risk governance through maintaining documentation and approval procedures
- Providing risk opinions on underwriting referrals and key business or strategic decisions and advising the first line of defence
- Cultivating the organisational risk culture and promoting the risk awareness of staff, especially regarding information security, drawing on technical expertise
- Contributing to capital modelling and validation as well as operational risk management
- Contributing to risk management tasks related to Environmental, Social and Governance topics
- University degree in information security, IT or a related field of study
- Experience in risk management in (re)insurance or related fields and/or experience in the areas of IT architecture, IT infrastructure, IT security and information security
- Knowledge of Munich Re Group’s core business, IT and Business Continuity processes is an advantage
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks, Solvency II and other regulatory frameworks is beneficial
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, preferably also experience in project management
- Ability to communicate complex matters logically and with transparency
- Experience in Power BI and R is an advantage
- Working collaboratively and effectively in an international group dynamic, often virtually
- Fluency in English; German skills are an advantage
Great Lakes Insurance SE ("Great Lakes"), a fully owned subsidiary of Munich Re, is a German primary insurance company based in Munich with major branches in London and Sydney. In collaboration with our partners and business units of Munich Re, we provide innovative and flexible insurance solutions for agency and coinsurance business and offer covers for complex single risks.
As the world's leading reinsurance group, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects or even space travel. Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation. Sounds like you? Make it happen and be part of Great Lakesand the Munich Re Group.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modelled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
- You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions
- Join us, and experience that we lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged