Senior Structurer and Modeller- Credit Portfolio Transactions
Dublin city , Ireland
Are you an Insurance professional searching for a new challenge where you can make a real impact?
Great Lakes Insurance SE are in the process of creating a brand-new Dublin branch (GLIR) offering an exciting opportunity to be part of crafting and implementing processes whilst being part of a worldwide structure.
This is a huge opportunity for somebody who is looking for growth, development and exposure!
We are looking for a Structurer/Modeller based in Dublin who has with experience in structured finance transactions to strengthen the growth of our structured credit business.
This position is focusing on underwriting loan portfolio transactions, especially so-called synthetic securitization transactions under the Basel III framework. The underlying loans may range from consumer (mortgage, auto, credit card, retail) to corporate (SME, CRE, receivable finance, leveraged finance, etc.) loans. You will run the underwriting process including pricing and structuring for such transactions and manage the clients’ as well as Munich Re’s internal requirements and partners.Your Tasks:
- Underwriting of credit portfolio transactions and further development of business in the area of synthetic securitizations
- Risk assessment of collateral pools and transaction structures as part of a deal team with a focus on modelling the portfolio/cash flows, pricing, stress testing and structuring the transaction.
- Performing due diligence of banks/financial institutions with regard to their product know-how/ market position in the relevant product areas.
- Managing a structured credit portfolio transaction from origination to closing including all the relevant parties involved.
- Producing high quality credit memos for structured credit portfolio transactions including a clear recommendation for approval committees.
- Building and maintaining relationships with banks, servicers, modelling/ rating companies and other collaborators for the business.
- Development/calibration and maintenance of relevant external vendor and internal modelling/pricing tools and deal monitoring infrastructure for structured portfolio and cash flow-based products.
Relevant degree or equivalent work experience.
Several years of professional experience with assessing loan pools, structuring credit transactions and designing cashflow waterfall structures at a bank, asset manager/ hedge fund and/or rating agency.
Good knowledge of banking regulation, especially with respect to the capital relief effect of credit risk mitigation and structured portfolio transactions (based on the Basel III securitisation framework).
Solid understanding of fixed income and structured products (ABS, CLO, RMBS, CMBS) and experience with structured credit portfolio risk transfer products is desirable.
Strong analytical skills in conjunction with a pronounced risk awareness and sense of responsibility, along with a willingness and ability to take decisions and communicate them in a clear and comprehensible manner.
Munich Re via its Primary Insurance entity Great Lakes Insurance SE has been continuously growing its “credit business” over the last decade with significant further growth ambitions for the coming years. One key area for growth is providing credit risk transfer / regulatory capital relief solutions to financial institutions.
In order to achieve our growth ambition in this area, we are building up a diverse, multi-talent team of experts with credit experience (capital market, lending, banking and/or insurance) from diverse skills such as finance/MBA, CFA, mathematics/actuaries and lawyers.Benefits
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, on target bonus, 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more along with private medical insurance and employers contributory pension of 10%. We offer a hybrid working policy with a mix of working from home at our Dublin office.About Us
Here at Great Lakes Ireland (a Munich Re company) we seek to offer our staff the opportunity to grow in an exciting, results-oriented and diverse working environment. We believe that your dedication to apply your outstanding knowledge crafts the future; the future of our clients, of Munich Re and of course your own.
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to crafting an inclusive environment for all our employees.