Project Manager (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
Great Lakes Insurance SE conducts agency, large single risk and group retrocession business on a global scale. As a specialty provider of primary insurance services Great Lakes is an integral part of the MR Group and an important enabler for Primary Insurance Specialty business (PIRI – Primary Insurance out of Reinsurance). Our PIRI strategy is to seize opportunities closely connected to our reinsurance core business.
Great Lakes operates in a very dynamic business and regulatory environment and as a competent partner to the Munich Re business units its main goal is to ensure that new primary insurance business opportunities may be realised while adhering to all legal, regulatory and Munich Re Group requirements as well as the governance framework of the company supporting the achievement of this ambition.
Great Lakes is looking for a project manager to support this challenging task. This position offers excellent development opportunities within Great Lakes and the Munich Re Group (exposure to top management and board members, network within Munich Re and strong inter-company interaction).
- Supporting and leading projects to promote and develop innovation opportunities in partnership with Munich Re
- Driving analysis of new product and new market opportunities (market analysis, feasibility studies etc.) and offering project support
- Supporting Great Lakes Management in managing strategic projects
- Implementing strategic initiatives and projects in close collaboration with Great Lakes Management
- Preparing project proposals and board submissions
- Fostering Great Lakes as the insurance solutions provider with best-practice standards within the Munich Re Group
- Conducting research / market and feasibility studies concerning new business (also dealing with consultants as required)
- Fostering a proactive approach in analysing the regulatory and governance framework together with the insurance team
- Preparation, moderation and wrap up of Management workshops
- University degree, preferably in an economics field of study
- Excellent skills in project management, presentation and workshop techniques
- Robust knowledge of strategy development methodology
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and high solution/output-orientation
- Very good command of English
- Sound Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Primary insurance experience is an advantage
- Distinct ability to work independently
- High level of commitment, team spirit and an integrative personality
Job Evaluation: open
Please use the online application and submit it by 2022/09/09 at the latest.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modeled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
- You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions
- We lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged