Senior Claims Adjuster- Property and Energy (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
Are you a Property and Energy Claims Adjuster with expert experience and knowledge of large single risk in the UK?
Keep reading, this could be the next opportunity for you!
Together, we engage with everything we have and are, to help humankind act braver and better.About Great Lakes Insurance SE:
As specialty provider of primary insurance services in the UK, Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch is a substantial part of our parent, Great Lakes Insurance SE in Munich. Our interlocked business model is to seize opportunities closely connected to the reinsurance core business and innovation opportunities, in our role as an integral part of the Munich Re Group. Great Lakes Insurance SE currently operates from its Head Quarter in Munich, and via branch offices in UK, Switzerland, Italy and Australia.
In the UK, Great Lakes has recently received approval via the authorisation process from the Prudential Regulatory Authority and Financial Conduct Authority for a Third Country Branch and a Subsidiary. These two entities secure our future in the primary insurance service market in a post-Brexit world, by enabling us to continue writing our existing business.
Your jobAbout the role:
To handle International direct and facultative Property and Energy claims in adherence with the mission statement, guidelines and operating standards of the Company and to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations relevant to the claims.
To provide a professional and timely claims service to all insureds and stakeholders. Assist the Team Lead with operational matters and technical referrals from other team members.Key Responsibilities:
- Verify cover and handle claims to conclusion
- Investigate and negotiate claims where required
- Actively manage the appointed service providers
- Influence the handling and settlement of facultative reinsurance and follow claims
- Regularly check the adequacy of case reserves
- Build and maintain close working relationships with brokers and clients
- Conduct audits and due diligence reviews where required
- Add ideas to team discussions about legal, political and market developments that may impact claims
- Provide regular feedback to underwriters from a claims perspective and keep underwriters informed of all large or contentious claims as and when they arise
- Assess and calculate case reserves. Where necessary, propose and set additional case reserves or IBNER
- Assist in the co-ordination of exposures to material events and provide loss estimates, providing analysis and technical input on any issues that occur
Your profileKey Skills & Experience:
- Professional experience handling both direct and facultative reinsurance claims ranging from medium to high value
- A high level of technical expertise in Property and Energy claims
- Some experience of taking technical referral
- Able to analyse likely exposure and set reserves
- Manage and organise a caseload of work independently and efficiently
- Work effectively as a member of a team and provide support to colleagues
- Excellent communication skills
- Add valuable insight to discussions on strategy and developing issues
- Build and maintain professional relationships
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Good working knowledge of London market systems
- ACII or CILA qualifications (or working towards)
Ideally ACII or CILA qualified (or working towards)
You are seen as an expert in your field and will be the ‘go to’ person for your area of specialism within Munich Re. You will be seen as a role model/mentor to others – identifying opportunities to share your knowledge with other people.
You will demonstrate and role model inclusive behaviour and encourage your colleagues to play an active role in creating an inviting culture as well.
You will treat your colleagues and sales and business partners fairly and with respect.Regulatory & Conduct Requirements:
Over the coming years, the branch will transition to a third country branch to continue to operate post Brexit. Therefore, in addition to the responsibilities set out above, this role/function will also become responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with Insurance Distribution Directive
- Satisfying all regulatory reporting requirements in collaboration with those who are responsible for our reporting function(s)
- Liaising as necessary with all relevant regulatory bodies, creating a highly credible reputation and strong relationship
- Ensuring compliance with Munich Re’s Code of Conduct and the FCA Conduct Rules
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, on target bonus, 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more along with private medical insurance and employers contributory pension of 10%. This role offers a hybrid working environment where you can work flexibly from home or our London office.About Us
You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modelled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
You are going to experience that we care & dare: We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We adopt new ways of working using digitalisation to deliver solutions
We lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.