Compliance Manager (m/f/d)*
Great Lakes Insurance SE
Munich , Germany
As a specialty provider of primary insurance services Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE) with its branches in the UK, Australia, Switzerland, Italy and Ireland and its newly founded subsidiary in the UK, is an integral part of Munich Re Group and an important enabler for Specialty Insurance Business (GSI – Global Specialty Insurance) closely connected to Munich Re’s reinsurance core business.
• Supporting the compliance team in developing, implementing and maintaining a compliance management system (CMS) to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and Group standards in GLISE as well as its worldwide branch offices;
• Coordination of cooperation with international supervisory authorities, branch offices and subsidiaries of GLISE;
• Supporting the Compliance Team on all Compliance topics covered by the GLISE Compliance Policy and corresponding compliance processes;
• Implementing group-wide Compliance norms, adapting them to GLISE’s requirements and monitoring adherence to the policies with respect to selected Compliance topics;
• Supporting and further developing of the Legal & Regulatory Change Monitoring process;
• Updating knowledge on regulatory requirements with respect to selected Compliance topics and advising the management accordingly;
• Providing and coordinating compliance trainings with respect to selected Compliance topics;
• Investigating Compliance or other regulatory related issues, and managing respective corrective action; and
• Supporting the onboarding and due diligence process of new business opportunities (including MGAs)
• University degree (legal, business administration or equivalent) with insurance background;
• Experience in PIRI as well as MGA business models or in F&C/LSR business;
• Knowledge of the primary insurance regulatory environment including related conduct compliance risks;
• Good understanding of the compliance requirements for at least two Compliance topics covered by the GLISE Compliance Policy;
• Interest in the wider business environment and technical issues;
• Analytical, pragmatic thinker with a solution-oriented approach to resolving problems;
• Excellent team player with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable manner;
• High degree of personal commitment and intercultural competence; and
• Fluency in German and English; Italian and other languages are an asset.
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel.
Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation.
Sounds like you? Push boundaries with us and be part of Munich Re.
Our employees are our greatest strength. That’s why we offer them a wide range of benefits. You can find some examples below. For more insights about working at Munich Re please click here.
Unlock your potential
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: we embrace the power of differences and are convinced that diversity fosters innovation and resilience and enables us to act braver and better.
- Continuous Learning: we believe that continuous learning is a key differentiator and critical for building new skills and accelerating growth.
- Career Mobility: we actively support career mobility, and our strong global and regional presence offers a wealth of career growth opportunities for you.
Rewards & Recognition
- Competitive salary: appropriate compensation for your high level of commitment.
- Retirement provision: state of the art in-house pension solutions.
- Work-life balance: promoting the compatibility of family and work in addition to overall work-life balance.
- Health management: focus on your physical and mental health far beyond legal requirements.
- Hybrid working: living the best of both worlds – we offer you a very flexible approach as well as the opportunity to work from abroad on an occasional basis.
* Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunities employer. Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritized, if equally qualified.