Resilience & Customer Service Manager (m/f/d)*
Great Lakes Insurance SE
Munich , Germany
Great Lakes Insurance SE – with its branches in UK, Australia, Ireland, Italy and Switzerland and our subsidiary in UK – is a white-label specialty provider and enabler for primary insurance. We are an integral part of Munich Re Group, and enable primary insurance specialty business for Munich Re’s Global Specialty Insurance (GSI) as well as primary insurance opportunities that are closely connected to the core business of Munich Re Reinsurance. Our extensive license portfolio allows us to provide specialty insurance solutions in >100 countries. Our ability to serve our clients, policy holders and partners relies on our core values: We believe in taking responsibility for our actions, finding the best solutions for our clients, collaborating as a team, and staying versatile in an ever-changing world.
The Resilience and Customer Service Manager will define scenarios that test and validate continuous recovery initiatives across Great Lakes important business services. The function ensures that customers of our retail insurance products receive the support they need when they contact us directly and to assess that selected third parties are meeting our expected customer support standards where we outsource the responsibility to them.
- Adopting of the Operational Resilience framework and methodology, including setting the approach for mapping of important business services
- Developing, tracking and reporting on remediation plans to increase operational resilience
- Working with service owners to ensure an understanding of specific threats and associated impacts and to develop remediation plans
- Recommending and requesting funding for projects to improve operational resilience of important business services
- Leading activities to support service owners to test operational resilience of important business services
- Identifying and onboarding external service providers which act as runoff managers
- Offering advice and consultation to service owners
- Identifying opportunities for Great Lakes to meet basic consumer principles like ‘A firm must act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers’ through assessments and monitoring remedial plans’
- Managing the mail and the general enquiries & complaint forwarding mail/emails to the appropriate internal manager or external third party
- Managing all communication with retail customers and ensuring the support
- Solid (3+ years) underwriting experience in established line of business (facultative / direct)
- Understanding of Operational Resilience design and execution
- Exposure working within Business Continuity or risk management
- An understanding of Business Continuity Planning and IT Disaster Recovery
- Experience of dealing with process and organisational change
- Strong analytical skills including problem-solving & data skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships
- Highly IT literate, specifically with MS Office and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and highly motivated, always prepared to share knowledge
- Very good communication and client-facing skills
- Passion to perform and willingness to take on responsibility
- Fluent German and English speaking & writing, additional languages a bonus
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel.
Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation.
Sounds like you? Push boundaries with us and be part of Munich Re.
Our employees are our greatest strength. That’s why we offer them a wide range of benefits. You can find some examples below.
Unlock your potential
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: we embrace the power of differences and are convinced that diversity fosters innovation and resilience and enables us to act braver and better.
- Continuous Learning: we believe that continuous learning is a key differentiator and critical for building new skills and accelerating growth.
- Career Mobility: we actively support career mobility, and our strong global and regional presence offers a wealth of career growth opportunities for you.
Rewards & Recognition
- Competitive salary: appropriate compensation for your high level of commitment.
- Retirement provision: state of the art in-house pension solutions.
- Work-life balance: promoting the compatibility of family and work in addition to overall work-life balance.
- Health management: focus on your physical and mental health far beyond legal requirements.
- Hybrid working: living the best of both worlds – we offer you a very flexible approach as well as the opportunity to work from abroad on an occasional basis.
* Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunities employer. Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritized, if equally qualified.
Laura Fuchs • HR Consultant
Königinstraße 107 • 80802 München • GERMANY