Project Manager - Meshify
WE OFFERAre you passionate about protecting businesses through the power of Internet of Things (IoT) and emerging technology? Do you get excited about creating leading edge sensor hardware, software, and analytics platforms?
HSB Applied Technology Solutions enables the future of insurance through our Small and Medium Enterprise (SME), Industrial, and Emerging Risk Solutions businesses. In tandem with Meshify, HSB's IoT technology subsidiary based in Austin, TX, we partner with insurance carriers, property owners and ecosystem players to create solutions that "connect and protect" our customers by combining the latest IoT technology, specialty insurance products, and innovative business models into game-changing offerings.
As a Project Manager you will lead multiple projects to improve velocity while delivering quality products across operations, hardware and software engineering, in addition, lead strategic priorities, communicating status updates to business stakeholders, and identifies and mitigates risks. Working alongside software engineers, hardware engineers, designers, data scientists, and operations experts, you will be developing innovations that predict and protect against freeze and water leak damage, prevent equipment failure, and even detect fires before they occur.
For more information on Meshify, please visit https://meshify.com/
Preferred Position location: Austin, TX or Hartford, CT
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Engineering or a related field with formal project management training (preferably PMP or similar qualifications).
- 5+ years professional experience leading large programs, including hardware, services platform and software projects, with internal and external design, development, and quality teams. Hardware and Software experience is not mandatory but a clear aptitude and willingness to work with those domains is needed
- Previous experience managing external suppliers or partners as part of program delivery (preference to outsourced SW engagements or CM/JDM/ODM management).
- Strong preference for experience with devices, consumer electronics, manufacturing and consumer facing hardware, and/or software products.
- Working experience with project methodologies such as agile and related hardware development processes
- Experience working with remote and overseas teams and ability to engage across various cultural and language environments.
- Team Leadership, ability to establish a leadership identity within the respective groups and overall stakeholder organizations and partners.
- Demonstrate the ability and track record of leading in project delivery and excellence in communication.
- Passion to succeed, inspire and motivate the team.
- Strong negotiation skills as well as ability to facilitate informed and timely decisions.
- Mediates trade offs with various groups to deliver a product on time and ready for market.
- Deliver clear, concise professional verbal and written communication that is appropriate to the situation and audience.
- Exceptional collaboration, transparency, listening, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Encourage participation & decision-making by all team members and effectively manage group dynamics.
- Willingness to travel and participate in after-hours calls as required when working with partners in other geographic locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.