Risk Specialist - Work Remote from any United States Location
WE OFFERTour factories and power plants. Analyze the facility’s equipment and product flow. Identify possible insurance claims, and work with customers to reduce their risk potential. These will be your primary responsibilities if you become a Risk Specialist with HSB.
In this role, you will be part of HSB’s team of experts in heavy industry, who evaluate accounts in industries such as power generation, steel, aluminum, mining, pulp & paper, sugar, manufacturing, and glass.
When Risk Specialists aren’t visiting sites, they work from home, supporting accounts and writing risk evaluations for underwriters.
- Conduct site risk evaluations of facilities in heavy industries. Assess the facility’s process flow, machinery, and operations & maintenance practices. Identify risk factors. Use a consultative approach with the insured to reduce the potential for an insurance claim. Write a report about the location, to provide HSB and Munich Re underwriters with a clear understanding of the site.
- Write evaluations of insured accounts and potential new customers for HSB and Munich Re underwriters, by evaluating available information on multiple sites which make up the account. Apply advanced technical knowledge of equipment design, condition, operations, maintenance, and human element risk control programs to complete the evaluation.
- Determine how to improve or manage insured accounts’ risk through account engineering, additional services, and risk control engineering visits.
- 10+ years of experience in operations or maintenance in heavy industry occupancy industries, boiler inspection, or insurance engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline is preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of the machinery, operations procedures, repair timelines, and process flow of at least one heavy industry occupancy. These include, for example: power generation, steel, aluminum, mining, pulp & paper, sugar, or glass.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-starter; able to work with limited supervision and manage competing priorities.
- Understanding of insurance industry and underwriting terms is a plus.
- Ability to travel ~60% of the time, including ~50 overnight stays per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.