Senior Machine Learning Modeler
WE OFFERWe are looking for a Data Scientist / Engineer with expertise in machine learning focused on equipment, production process, and predictive maintenance. In addition to providing equipment-focused machine learning subject matter expertise, a primary goal of this position is to increase our equipment knowledge and drive this learning back through our underwriting, claims, and new products business units with the goal of improving our overall business results.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning and artificial intelligence and developing solutions to solve complex IoT/engineering technology problems.
- Develop solutions to create a highly streamlined and automated machine learning pipeline including data processing, model development/validation, and deployment.
- Keep HSB abreast of new machine learning developments and technology applied to equipment in relevant business ecosystems through focused research and proactive development of relationships with industry peers.
- Leverage HSB acquisitions and investments in technology companies to extract learning and application of their machine learning algorithms to HSB business.
- Identify, design and conduct machine learning projects, both internal and in concert with universities, focused on equipment and systems.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Master of Science in Engineering or Computer Science
- 4 years practical experience with company(s) utilizing machine learning solutions and engineering technologies
- Experience with one or more programming languages including but not limited to: Python, R, C/C++, SQL
- Proficient in Python for machine learning (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, numpy)
- Knowledge of TensorFlow for AI and pattern recognition/computer vision
- Knowledge of software engineering and application development
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management abilities; sound writing, communications and interpersonal skills; soft business/marketing skills
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.