WE OFFERAs an Actuary you will support the global pricing function in developing pricing across HSB’s product segments in the Personal, Commercial, and Specialty insurance space. You will also be responsible for assisting in the development of rates, strategies, product development, forecasting, and other analytical research through the usage of actuarial and statistical methods. In addition, you will work with underwriting, regulatory, claims and engineering units to ensure technical expertise is fully leveraged in the development of and use in pricing models and that products perform as desired in the broader market. In this role you will also have the opportunity to assist in mentoring and training junior staff.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related fields requiring modeling, programming or quantitative analysis or equivalent work experience is required
- 5+ years’ experience doing actuarial work in the insurance or reinsurance industries is required
- Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS/FCAS) is required
- In depth knowledge of actuarial models, standard actuarial techniques particularly around pricing in the personal and commercial lines markets.
- Understanding client and market dynamics, as well as regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of primary and non-traditional reinsurance/alternative market
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite and actuarial modeling software used for reserving, ratemaking, pricing, modeling stochastic distributions or data analysis (as appropriate)
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills, to include prioritizing and bringing about decisions
- Self-driving and proactive
- Ability to train others and pass on expertise
- Work well both independently and in cross-disciplinary teams
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work in an environment that constantly changes
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.