WE OFFERDrives insurance backed performance guarantee solutions for machine learning based services for HSB. Structure new risk-transfer solutions in the area of new technologies and data-driven business models. Focus will be on working with AI start-ups in Industrial Asset segment to structure solutions which enable a go-to-market-strategy and help them grow. Assesses the quality of the complete data science process resulting in the deployed machine learning models and estimates the probability of predictions falling short compared to the actual outcomes. Technical expertise supports risk assessments and the ability to source and execute business opportunities in the area of AI.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a data scientist role with start-up companies or a graduate degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in assessing technical implementation of machine learning based models of start-ups on behalf of Venture Capital firms or other entities
- Excellent understanding of modern machine learning techniques, best practices in their implementation at scale and performance evaluation
- Excellent understanding of sampling theory, bootstrapping and other approaches and their limitations around confidence interval estimations for different machine learning models
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent abstract reasoning and communication skills
- Ability to reduce complexity and communicate concisely the most important points of a deal opportunity to senior management
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong ability to quickly understand new and complex business cases
- Good working proficiency in Python, R or comparable programming languages
- Experience in Venture Capital is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in German a plus
- Highly ambitious, entrepreneurial, and innovative mindset, curiosity and drive
- Didactic and intercultural competence
- Willingness to work in deal teams distributed across different time zones and continents
- Willingness to travel
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.