Portfolio Analyst Sr
WE OFFERThe Portfolio Analyst position is responsible for the profitable growth of an assigned Treaty Portfolio, comprised of Client Companies spanning across both Commercial and Personal Lines of Business.
This position requires a strong technical skillset to aid in the evaluation of rate adequacy, price segmentation & the analysis of leading loss trends. In addition to the performance management of existing business, this position develops pricing and underwriting terms on new business opportunities for Equipment Breakdown (EB, HOEB, FOEB), Employment Practices Liability (EPL), Service Line (SL), Cyber and other strategic products.
In collaboration with the Client Integration Team (CIT), the Treaty Underwriter will work to deliver high quality service while building strong, long-standing relationships with HSB’s Client partners.
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience is required
- Previous Underwriting and/or Reinsurance experience (3-5 years)
- Able to understand concepts of insurance risk and exposures
- Strong Analytical skillset – Ability to translate large data analysis into actionable decisions
- PC Skills (Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint & Word)
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Business Finance knowledge
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Consultative skills
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or other degree with course structure in Business Administration, Risk Management Insurance concentration.
- HSB Product knowledge and Previous Experience and familiarity with HSB
- Previous underwriting and/or reinsurance experience with Commercial EB, Cyber and Employment Practices Liability
- CPCU, CIC, ARM, AU or other relevant professional insurance designation
- Project Management Skills
- Portfolio analysis (underwriting). HSB systems (CRT, eCMS, EMC, ProTrax, QRIS, Policy and Reinsurance Systems)
- Experience working with Actuarial & Modeling organizations
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.