Senior Actuarial Pricing Tools Specialist
WE OFFERThe Technical Analyst Sr is a noncredentialled position in an actuarial department focusing on the deployment of rates and actuarial forecasting to HSB’s clients both internal and external to the business. This includes but is not limited to client rate calculators, binding authority measurement, semi-automatic rate indications, model scoring logic and measurement of performance versus benchmarks.
Build new such tools efficiently and accurately, as well as maintain and upgrade existing tools in current state. Knowledge of technical systems and able to co-design and advance strategic upgrades to platforms, methods and systems that result in a more sustainable ecosystem for rate and model deployment to internal and external clients.
WE EXPECTEducation & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a STEM or related field
- 5+ years of insurance experience in an actuarial or adjacent technical position involving rating or the programming of complex rating algorithms or automating actuarial forecasts
- Technical skills:
- MS Office Suite to include knowledge of VBA
- Demonstrated proficiency in reporting from relational data structures using SQL
- Demonstrated Proficiency in reporting software such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview
- Experience in use of Python, SAS, or R for insurance pricing applications
- Some knowledge of actuarial work such as pricing, reserving, rate filing, financial reporting
- Knowledge of primary and non-traditional reinsurance/alternative market
- Excellent computer skills. Strong programming skills preferred
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Self-driving and proactive
- Work well both independently and in cross-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Enjoy working in an environment where change is the only constant
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.