Senior Data Scientist
WE OFFERWork independently on data science projects of any scale and is empowered to make methodological decisions within the scope of a given project. Act as a mentor to more junior data scientists and is empowered to assign them specific project tasks with clear scope. Work on a portfolio of projects simultaneously and are expected to adequately manage their own time to meet client expectations. Regularly interface with other divisions and groups within HSB and have a thorough understanding of their business strategies and goals.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field is required or equivalent work experience
- PhD in quantitative discipline is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in predictive analytics, data mining or statistical analysis
- Experience in feature engineering on structured and unstructured data
- Experience with Git or similar tool for version control
- Experience working with big-data technology on Linux-based systems.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience with Bayesian programming languages/frameworks such as Stan, or PyMC3 is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Python, R, SQL, Scala
- Exposure to cloud computing (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Solid foundation in statistics and machine learning models, processes, and theories, with the ability to evaluate different algorithmic approaches
- Ability to write production-ready code
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.