Data Science Intern - Pricing & Financial Analytics
WE OFFEREmpower yourself! Start building your career with a national industry leader!
At Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB), a Munich Re company, you will learn what’s like to pursue a Career at one of the world’s largest reinsurance companies.
You will work with HSB Pricing & Financial Analytics team to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business. Projects include pricing and IOT applications using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- MS or PhD Student in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related applied science with a heavy quantitative emphasis. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization. Exceptional undergraduate students will also be considered.
- Practical knowledge & experience with statistical and machine learning methods
- Strong programming experience with Python/R/SQL
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment
- Basic software engineering skills (Git, API, Docker Container, DevOps best practices)
- Actuary knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Spark and distributed computing is a plus
- Experience with learning frameworks such as PyTorch or Tensorflow is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.