Authorized Nuclear Inservice Inspector - Welch, MN
WE OFFERThe successful candidate will perform inspections as required by the American Society of Mechanical Engineering Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (ASME Code) Section XI and III at a operating Nuclear Power Plant. Assignment is full time 8 hours a day. Some travel would be required to support outages at power plants within the Utility. Physical demands including walking long distance and climbing ladders. Must be able to pass a background screening to gain access to a Nuclear Facility.
- High school graduate
- 4 years experience in boiler/reactor operations and/or design, fabrication, or inspection of high pressure boiler and/or pressure vessels
- Basic understanding of welding, weld inspection and NDE methods
- Basic Algebra skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work without direct supervision and computer operations
- Holds a National Board AI Commission
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, mechanical discipline
- 5 years experience in ASME Code construction and fabrication processes
- ASME Qualified Welder and/or NDE Technician
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows operating systems
- Holds a National Board AI Commission with "N" and "I" endorsements
This position requires a person to routinely move about at a site facility. As such, candidates for this position must be able to perform the below physical requirements:
- Ability to crawl through 11” X 15” openings into confined spaces. Enter and function in very tight confined spaces.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders and several stories of stairs.
- Ability to climb and function at heights of at least 30 feet, and up to eight(8) to ten (10) stories.
- Ability to perform bending, stretching and twisting motions.
- Ability to withstand temperature variations. Temperature variations could be as much as 70 degrees.
- Ability to walk 3-5 miles.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift own body weight while hanging or entering a confined space with associated safety equipment
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Visual acuity of 20/20 (natural or corrected) and identify colors.
- Ability to hear (corrected) the sounds of equipment operation.
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.