WE OFFERTo shape the future of Munich Re Group, the IoT Financing Services (IFS Team) develops and executes the global IoT Strategy of Munich Re/Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB) by developing insurance-related IoT Technology and cutting-edge, IoT-Based, financial products, in particular Equipment-as-a-Service (EaaS). Within our global EaaS initiative, we are looking for an Operations Engineer, EaaS Operation - Asset And Services Management as part of the global IFS Team.
What we expect from you
You have a deep knowledge of equipment finance operations ecosystems. You understand the challenges of managing complex contracts from their inception to their end of life, ensuring a compliant, streamlined and efficient, net revenue maximizing process. You have a good understanding of the challenges of modern manufacturing and production. You understand how delivery models that combine hardware, software, and services can help customers improve their revenues and profitably , alongside their resilience, and flexibility. You have a customer-first mindset and always start with the problem you’re solving rather than the solution. You’re able to think and act in an agile environment. You understand risks and associated mitigation strategies. You know how to create and iterate on top of a minimal-viable offering. You’re respected for your domain knowledge by your peers. You’re able to communicate your knowledge of this domain to senior stakeholders who may not have the same level of expertise. You have experience in building and managing multi-functional teams across multiple geographies.
The (Senior) Manager, EaaS Operations is a key member of our EaaS Team. This role is responsible for overseeing and managing all equipment related processes. These include physical and digital EaaS services provided to our customers from delivery through day to day production / operation through to de-installation. This plant and equipment and associated services allow our end customers to yield significant benefits as well as helping our OEM partners to servitize their business models. The role is responsible for managing all of the asset related services for the portfolio of equipment under management. Responsibilities of the role include management of EaaS client requirements, including the oversight of quoting, scheduling, and production metrics of customers. Forecasting, utilization monitoring, performance analytics and a customer as well as on a portfolio management basis are part of the responsibility as well as the whole EaaS system infrastructure, technology interfaces and IoT. This individual will think not only of the short-to-medium term needs of our customers, but also of the long-term strategy and scalability of our organization. This individual will help build our growing team of experts and will manage future operations resources. This role will be based in Munich, Germany.
This role will report into the COO. It’s a critical role for our efforts to establish Munich Re/HSB as leading EaaS player. It will also carry a great amount of exposure with stakeholders across and outside the organization, particularly with our Senior Executives, our go-to-market teams, Munich RE, and our financing partners. The expectations are to apply a pragmatic lens to operate Munich Re’s/HSB’s financing capabilities and offerings, work with partners, educate our organization on our capabilities, and support the needs of our customers.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives:
- Build the organizational expertise and competences of the EaaS servicing operations.
- Identify and manage expert resources and build ecosystem of partners to scale up operations over multiple OEMs.
- Responsibility for monitoring the assets, ensuring they are maintained, supplied and kept perfectly operational for the end-customer.
- Is a key contact for our OEM partners for all topics related to production and machine services and delivery.
- Is the first point of contact for the customer to manage the production cycle of the asset – for some equipment types this could include managing and preparing quotes for production runs, collecting usage information and validating this with end-customers.
- Acts as liaison for materials, supplies and production scheduling.
- Monitors the production and produces analytics of usage and performance.
- Is the functional driver for the implementation of systems and interfaces to automate and facilitate the production activities.
- Supports our go-to-market teams in engaging with our customers on topics related to the asset and production services.
WE EXPECTJob Requirements:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in an international organization leading cross-functional teams delivering on complex customer-focused products, strategic initiatives or corporate development projects.
- Minimum of 5 years in industrial engineering, manufacturing or business process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree qualification is required. Additional Masters or above qualification is a plus
- Background working directly in or with large enterprises
- Entrepreneurial spirit, motivated by challenges, resourceful, always looking for opportunities to learn and grow, ready to step into action and willing to take risks
- Leadership skills to manage teams in a start-up entity within a global enterprise and flexibility and capability to move the organization from a start-up to a steady state
- A proven track record of successful people management in a multinational / multicultural environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively
- Structured approach, familiar with setting up new offerings, creating new processes, managing multiple stakeholders, and driving initiatives across different organizations
- Ability to influence and align stakeholders, facilitation and coaching skills are a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.