IoT AI Business Development Manager
WE OFFERHelp us build our HSB AI practice! You would join a team of experienced professionals comprised of global Munich Re IoT, HSB Applied Technologies Solutions and traditional insurance Underwriting colleagues with a joint mission of providing insurance backed performance guarantee solutions for machine learning applications. Your focus will be working with insurance brokers, Venture Capital firms, AI start-ups and data science teams to structure solutions which enable their go-to-market strategy and help them grow.
This client-facing position is responsible for the sourcing, analysis, development and execution of products and strategies designed to introduce insurance solutions to corporations looking for mitigating risk in deploying Artificial Intelligence (AI).
This position takes the national market lead for the Insure AI topic. This position will source and execute business opportunities and lead the IoT team’s business in respective market.
Help us shape HSB Munich Re’s future!
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in quantitative subjects, like Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a B2B sales role
- Good understanding of theory and practical implementation of Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and other statistical learning techniques
- Good working proficiency in R and Python (optional, but preferred)
- Good presentation skills and openness to engage in conversation with clients
- Strong networking skills
- Good understanding of technical aspects of AI and modern statistical techniques, e.g. knowing the theory behind most important machine learning techniques like Random Forests or Feed-Forward Neural Networks, testing procedures like k-fold Cross-Validation, and good statistical understanding of hypothesis testing, prediction vs causal inference models, data visualization etc.
- Ability to conduct research, compile data and information, draw conclusions, and present information in a condensed format
- Ability to manage a new product innovation process with minor supervision
- Strong project management skills, strong intellectual curiosity and drive
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.