Client Company Lead - West Region
WE OFFERThe Client Company Lead is at the forefront of our HSB Client Engagement strategy. This role is directly responsible for the profitable growth and servicing needs of HSB’s top-tier reinsured clients and prospects in our fast-growing specialty niche business.
Act as a go-to thought leader for the client by developing solid long-term relationships vertically and horizontally across the highest levels for the organization’s assigned client companies which will lead to strategic partnerships. Understand the value of HSB products, pricing, service and solutions, as well as competitive offerings and articulate HSB benefits in a manner meaningful to a customer.
The Client Company Lead will consultatively bring HSB’s unique solutions for commercial and personal lines (coverages and services) to the Executive and Management teams of the primary insurance companies within their assigned client book. Strategically lead a client integration team to bring value to each client we service that assists them in achieving their strategic priorities, goals, and direction.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required or equivalent experience
- MBA is preferred
- CPCU or CIC or actuarial exams is highly desirable
- 15+ years of proven industry experience in Commercial or Personal Lines inclusive preferably of:
- 7-10+ years performing as a Sr Client Manager or experience with C-suite level industry leaders preferably in super-regionals or national P&C carriers
- Combination of underwriting, actuarial, claims, operations, and/or sales experience
- Experience advising leadership team and setting strategy
- Having full P&L responsibilities
- Involvement with P&C Industry associations including experience as a presenter
- Demonstrated success in planning for and achieving profitable incremental results
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to research clients via external sites, such as S and P Captial IQ and LinkedIn, to build relationships to drive revenue. Demonstrate ability and past practice of portfolio analysis and associated growth planning
- Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and technical (PC and applications) knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to further interactions with internal stakeholders and challenge the status quo and formulate solutions
- Skilled at strategic networking, generating leads, building a pipeline, and closing business
- Demonstrate strong organizational and forecasting skills.
- Strong oral, written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Consultative Selling and negotiation skills
- Financial (Business Finance)
- General Industry knowledge
- Insurance Concepts/knowledge
- Proficient in PC skills, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Project management skills desired with loss cost and rate-making background is a plus
- Territory/Client Management
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.