Client Integration Engineer
WE OFFERThe Client Integration Engineer (CIE) will provide critical technical knowledge and expertise when onboarding new clients and making changes to current client programs. The CIE will work closely with other members of the Client Integration Team and use their technical knowledge to guide and meet HSB’s technology and strategic goals. They will assist in client issue analysis and resolution. They will understand the current core HSB data exchange standards including FTP and sFTP and related security protocols and standards. The CIE will guide internal and external clients to adopt new modern ways of data exchange like API, Web Services or System to System integration which will allow HSB to move away from the core FTP data exchange method. They will navigate the various internal delivery sources while owning the continuity of data in flight.
Internal Title: Application Support Specialist
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Operations Management, Business Analysis, or Business Administration or equivalent work experience preferred; MS degree desired
- 3+ years experience in technical issue analysis and resolution
- 3+ years experience in providing customer service either on the front-line or in the back office
- Experience with business operations and client support
- Knowledge of various security standards and technologies (e.g. sFTP, secured data transfer, data encryption, certificate base authorization and authentication)
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Experience in Process Development/Improvement, Data Mining/Analysis, Client/Server Applications preferred
- Agile process experience, including Agile goals, process, bords, meetings and ceremonies preferred
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong problem solving, analytical and presentation capabilities and attention to details
- Knowledge of various security standards and technologies, including sFTP, secured data transfer, data encryption, certificate base authorization and authentication
- Working understanding of various data exchange technologies and standards, including FTP, API and ETL
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and ensure assignments are delivered on time
- Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, procedures and systems (HSB practices and systems desired)
- MS SQL and MS Power BI
- MS Office (Windows, Word, Excel, Access)
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.