Backend Software Manager
WE OFFERAre you passionate about protecting businesses through the power of Internet of Things (IoT) and emerging technology? Do you get excited about creating leading edge sensor hardware, software, and analytics platforms?
HSB Applied Technology Solutions enables the future of insurance through our Small and Medium Enterprise (SME), Industrial, and Emerging Risk Solutions businesses. In tandem with Meshify, HSB's IoT technology subsidiary based in Austin, TX, we partner with insurance carriers, property owners and ecosystem players to create solutions that "connect and protect" our customers by combining the latest IoT technology, specialty insurance products, and innovative business models into game-changing offerings.
Team Lead for the backend team that acts as a bridge between sensors, users, and infrastructure. Work with stakeholders by designing solutions for complex and unique problems. Develop backend services in Go and work with NoSQL and SQL environments, using git, docker, and CI/CD tools. Manage backend developers to help build and maintain scalable and deployable solutions.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required; bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred
- 8+ years of experience doing development work
- 8+ years of experience with backend architecture
- Proficiency with relational databases (My SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Immutable Infrastructure, AWS and Cassandra desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.