Senior Cyber Modeler
WE OFFERHSB has a great job opportunity for a Senior Cyber Modeler.
In this position you will develop and analyze cyber models and collaborate with a diverse team of experienced CAT modelers, data scientists, actuaries, and cyber specialists across the Munich Re Group. Contribute to the development of cyber models and provide general modeling support to HSB’s cyber business units. Work on cyber modeling projects of any scale and is empowered to make methodological decisions within the scope of a given project.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Masters or higher in a related discipline or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 5+ years in stochastic model development, CAT modeling, and/or predictive analytics
- 1+ years in cyber model development.
- Experience with Git or similar tool for version control a plus
- Experience working with big-data technology a plus
- Hands-on experience in Python, R, SQL
- Exposure to cloud computing (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of cyber systems and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of insurance and insurance related issues
- Ability to write production-ready code
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.