Data Engineer Associate
WE OFFERIn this position you will assist with the data engineering activities within the Data Office of HSB. Help to create high quality modeling datasets and manage the technical environment for analytics model development. Work with IT and Data Scientists to improve the analytics model development process. In addition, work to create modeling datasets by combining internal and external data assets.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Master’s degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Information Management, Business, Math, or Statistics, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of data & analytics experience
- Prefer 1+ years’ experience in the following:
- Python programmer within a modeling/research environment
- Azure Cloud experience
- P&C Insurance Industries preferred
- Python, R, SQL,Hadoop
- Strong experience in big data environment.
- Analytics model development experience.
- Strong data management experience.
- Strong analytical and reasoning capabilities.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to documentation of work performed, assumptions and results.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Aptitude for performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements.
- Well organized with the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Desire to learn new software, data sources and skills to improve data management and analytics model deployment.
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.