Consolidations & Financial Analysis Lead
WE OFFERHSB has a great opportunity for a Consolidations & Financial Analysis Lead in our Corporate Finance department.
In this role you will:
- Lead the monthly financial close process.
- Provide exposure to multiple areas in the finance organization executing a wide array of ad-hoc economic/industry/financial analysis and projects.
- Assist with research and implementation of accounting standards in support of evolving guidance and new business activities, including development of local accounting close policies, procedures, standards and templates.
- As part of the team, you will identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience is required
- 8+ years’ experience in accounting and reporting is required
- P&C insurance experience a plus
- CPA is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in accounting close management, general accounting, and technical accounting
- Demonstrated ability to establish and lead close processes
- Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
- Proven experience in assessing close and reporting risks
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills including Excel spreadsheets and working with databases. PeopleSoft G/L and nVision experience a strong plus
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.